Noob Wiki question

lbrewer

I am just starting with Obsidian Portal, so a noob question here...

I want my players to be able to read a wiki entry, but not be able to edit the entry. How do I take the edit feature away from them?

John

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

@lbrewer, just tell them not to, and I'm sure they won't!

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• ragnarhawk

@lbrewer, twiggyleaf is right.  The problem that most of us run into is getting the players to contribute more, not with having them change pages incorrectly.

Also, there is an review/rollback feature.  It is the little stack of paper icon to the right of the "last updated" entry.

Finally, if you *really* need to remove the edit buttons, you can, using custom CSS, if you have an Ascendant account.  Let us know if you are in that situation, and we can get you the appropriate CSS.

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

in my experience most players don't even recognize the edit button on any of the wiki pages when they see it. I have had to really push players to go ahead and add content to pages I wanted them to add stuff too, so I wouldnt worry about it. I've never seen a player go and highjack anything from the DM here. Most need to be told that they are allowed to do anything.

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I WISH my players would add content to the Portal. I have to bribe them to even get them to update their character sheets and give me the briefest of episode writeups

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

LOL!  @Keryth987, I hear ya!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member