Busy? Baby Steps!

gnunn
gnunn
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
So, For the past several months, I have been completely neglecting my wiki here on OP and I must admit, I feel a bit ashamed. I have just been super busy with real life stuff, work, running my actual game and other projects like my new RPG blog. As such, I have had very little time to devote to the Portal.

Well, I have a plan that I'm hoping will help change that, and I wanted to share it with you all because I know many of you also suffer from too-busy schedules.

Here's the plan: "Baby Steps" - I will try to devote 30 minutes a day to working on my wiki.

I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I think that if I can get in "the habit":http://www.slideshare.net/captology/3-steps-to-new-habits of devoting a little time every day, in the long run, I will get a lot more done on my site than my current track of making major modifications and then disappearing for months.

I just did my first mini-session on my lunch break. I set up an Evernote template for my Adventure log posts and then updated a post in my super long backlog of missing adventure write-ups.

Baby steps...

Comments

• Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    It's a good strategy, and one I try to follow as well. Add a non-player character, update links as new pages are added, create a random encounter - over time it adds up, and I find I take care of stuff I might let fester otherwise because it _isn't_ the same level of work required to add a bunch of new pages.

Let us know how it goes.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alastriste