Advice wanted on play-by-post games on Obsidian Portal

tommy19
tommy19
edited August 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Hey there everyone, just wanted to hit up the community for a little advice.

I started out playing play-by-post RPGs on another site (long before OP even existed). But as an Ascendant member I have a forum for each of my campaigns and now that I have to constantly make money for trivial things such as car insurance and food I find the second game I had planned on starting up has fallen by the wayside.

So I was wondering, has anyone done play-by-post on OP? If so, what advice do you have for someone looking to start up a play-by-post game? Is there even anyone interested in play-by-post on OP?

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Lots of play by post games- here is the link to the compendium, courtesy of the awesome Kenurion "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/compendium-of-pbp-on-line-campaigns

Just trying to help out.

• kenurion
    kenurion
    Three suggestions for starting up a PbP game:

# Round up your old table-top group. This is how I started my game "Saga of Jaraah":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/saga-of-jaraah. Our group played in college, but then scattered after graduation and all basically stopped gaming for about 10 years. Having a core group to kick things off was definitely a help. That made it easy for new prospective players to really see what we were doing. In fact, only one of those initial players is still in my campaign.
    # Join an existing PbP game and then poach players. A bunch of my players started running their own games. I joined some of them. The good thing about PbP is it's a much lighter load for players than table-top, so players can play in multiple games.
    # DMs also post on these OP forums to attract players. I've definitely seen games fill up that way.

Kenurion
    Post edited by kenurion on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Well done, kenurion....

.....for both your list and advice!

twigs
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member