What should I do?

jmisthe08

Back in November 2,013 I GM'd A 1st editon Dragon Warriors Campaign with 4 old School Friends of mine, we only did Adventure 1, then they moved because a old friend of theirs that I hated offered them a job, 11 days ago they moved back into the area and they want to restart

The thing is that even though I'm eager 2 things happened in Adventure 1, 1 has t made 1 Pc far too powerful and the other could give the entire group great riches. If I do restart then what should I do?

The 1st adventure was King in The in The Mound

The 1st problem was that I decided that it would by a good idea to add A Pool of Pool of Stygian Waters to The Kings Treasure, which would be The true treasure of The High Kings Hoard

Even though bathing in A Pool of Pool of Stygian Waters can kill you in a way that can kill you in a way that will make it impossible to be resurrected 1 Pc decided its The 1st adventure and that as we hadn’t quite finished we all had 0 experance, very little loot and that he had nothing to lose

So he had his character take the chance and it paid off big time

The Pc choose to have his character bathe 61% of his body in The Stygian Waters, this gives him A 61% immunity to the regular attacks of roughly 55% of the enemies in the game and roughly 74% of the regular attacks of roughly 74% of the enemis in the official adventures

But it had A 25%+61% ot 86% of killing him, which means that he only survives on A 1D100 roll of A 14 or less and if it does kill him, which is almost guaranteed, and if it does then it does so in a way that means that he or she can never resurrected

By sheer luck the 1D100 roll came up as A 12, which means that he survived, which also means that not only does my character survive he now has A 61% immunity to all damage that isn’t caused by Spells or Magic Weapons

Even worse is that in our campaigns that includes the teeth and claws of Dragons, The Punch’s and only  The Punch’s of The weakest of The 4 Types of Lesser(?) Deamons and The attacks of all Lesser Undead and some Moderate Undead such as Regular(?) Wights but not Greater Wights

Almost as bad is that I was foolish enough to give The Hoard A 10% chance of having 1 Dragon Pearl, A 5% chance of having 2 Dragon Pearls and A 1% chance of having 1 Dragon Pearl per Pc and I rolled A 1, which gives all 4 Pcs 1 Dragon Pearl each

The worst thing is that if A Dragon Pearl is placed near something of use or value it will multiply it by a magnitude of x5, I changed it so that once activated The User has to wait 3 hours before its power works, its power only works on 5 items per day and I also changed its power so that it only works on cash, food, drink, items of cheap jewelry and eggs of creatures with A Fairly High Sale Value, but with certain limits

So how can I cope with the fact that if they want to then once per day The 4 Pcs can each change 200 Silver Florins to 1,000 Florins, 25 weeks worth of very high quality food into 125 weeks worth of very high quality food, 15 3-pint bottles of very good quality alcohol into 75 3-pint bottles of very good quality alcohol, 12 items of cheap jewelry worth up to 18 Florins each into 60 items of cheap jewelry worth up to 18 Florins each and 1 egg of A creature with A Fairly High Sale Value into 5 eggs of A creature with A Fairly High Sale Value

That means that they if they want to they could change a total of 800 Silver Florins to 4,000 Florins, 100 weeks worth of very high quality food into 500 weeks worth of very high quality food, 60 3-pint bottles of very good quality alcohol into 300 3-pint bottles of very good quality alcohol, 48 items of cheap jewelry worth up to 18 Florins each into 240 items of cheap jewelry worth up to 18 Florins each and 4 eggs of A creature with A Fairly High Sale Value into 20 eggs of A creature with A Fairly High Sale Value

Post edited by jmisthe08 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

For both of those, I would look at action/reaction.  When they take advantage of these abilities, are there others that notice the abilities that would be interested in acquiring those abilities for themselves or using them to their advantage?

For the Dragon Pearl, if they use it to create a noticeable amount of wealth ... who notices?  And what do they do about it?

For the immunity, as I understand the description, the PC only has immunity to damage, not grappling or snaring, so enemies might decide if you can't hurt them, pin them.  It could also be that a warlord or someone like that notices there is a person able to ignore damage that is otherwise weak, and can be forced into service by threatening their not-so-damage-immune allies.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• jmisthe08

I just realized that I forgot to mention that the Player with the Character that has A 61% immunity to none magical damage is famous for how lucky he is when rolling dice, which means that he fairly passes dice rolls that most people would fail

The luck that he's famous for means that although he only(?) has A 61% immunity to none magical damage he'll likely pass roughly 78% of the rolls