a page only players can see

Frak_Lou_Elmo
Frak_Lou_Elmo

Maybe I dreamed this but was there a way to have a page that only players can see, and not visitors who are are not in the game?

I could just make it a secret and select all the players but I seem to remember there was another way?

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

The only options I can think of are:

* a Player Secret with all Players selected

* a Campaign Forum post

* Custom JavaScript that shows the page if the visitor is a member of the Campaign, or redirects them to a different page in the Campaign if they are not

What's the scenario you would use this for?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

ah yes! that is it, the custom java that shows the page id the visitor is a member. I will let the GM (for once not me) know these three options.

• ragnarhawk

As an alternative to the custom javascript, there is CSS that can hide content that is intended as members only, and show different content to non-members.

Here is a link to a comment that I made in a similar discussion, which contains some example code: https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/comment/47279/#Comment_47279

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

that is a niftyway of doing it thanks Ragnarhawk! I will try it out as well.