Accordion Customization

Keryth987
Keryth987

So...this is what I've got right now

Anyone know how I can customize the accordion to make the abckground black, and also change the borders and remove the arrow? I recall there was a topic somewhere that dealt with the arrow, but I can't find it

Comments

• Abersade
    Abersade

Keryth,

I don't see a reply here so I thought I'd give it a go. The background color was definitely not intuitive. You'll need to update the border to look the way you want, this is set to be very visible.

/* Accordion Code */
    /* Hide the Accordion Arrow */
    .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-header .ui-accordion-header-icon {display: none;}
    /* Stop Accordion Text from Shifting Right to Accomodate the Accordion Arrow */
    .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-icons {padding: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 0.7em;}
    /* Eliminates the Color of the Gaps Between Accordion Entries */
    .ui-widget {background-color: transparent;}
    /* Eliminates the "glass" image, sets the Background Color to Green, and Adjusts the Border of Accordion entries to THICC */
    .ui-state-default, .ui-widget-content .ui-state-default, .ui-widget-header .ui-state-default {background-image: none; background-color: black; border: 10px solid;}

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Abersade
    Abersade

LOL, I forgot to change the word Green in the comment to Black. You may want to update that as well.

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Abersade
    Abersade

Almost forgot, you'll likely want this too:

/* Basically the same as above but for the Accordion Entry When Expanded */
    .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-content {background-image: none; background-color: black; border: 10px solid;}

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Abersade
    Abersade

Those bits of code change every accordion, if you want it to just impact a accordion entries on a single page you'll need to add the slug class (usually something like .wiki-page-slug-pagename) for the page, like so:

/* Accordion Code for only my Accordion Testing page */
    /* Hide the Accordion Arrow */
    .wiki-page-slug-accordion-testing .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-header .ui-accordion-header-icon {display: none;}
    /* Stop Accordion Text from Shifting Right to Accomodate the Accordion Arrow */
    .wiki-page-slug-accordion-testing .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-icons {padding: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 0.7em;}
    /* Eliminates the Color of the Gaps Between Accordion Entries */
    .wiki-page-slug-accordion-testing .ui-widget {background-color: transparent;}
    /* Eliminates the "glass" image, sets the Background Color to Green, and Adjusts the Border of Accordion entries to THICC */
    .wiki-page-slug-accordion-testing .ui-state-default, .ui-widget-content .ui-state-default, .ui-widget-header .ui-state-default {background-image: none; background-color: green; border: 10px solid;}
    /* Basically the same as above but for the Accordion Entry When Expanded */
    .wiki-page-slug-accordion-testing .ui-accordion .ui-accordion-content {background-image: none; background-color: black; border: 10px solid;}

Alternatively, you can target specific accordions as well by inspecting the page to find the accordion ID, shown below, then adding that to your selector like the slug class explanation above:

GM of Stream of Kairos