Plus to underlines

Grumpsatyr
Grumpsatyr

I hope I'm in the right place. I am currently working on a mage game, and writing out the spells in the wiki, including how my players visualize the spells they learn. Part of the process is listing the Reaches in the book, expressed as "+1 Reach: (text)" The issue comes if there is more than one listed. Instead of it being listed below:

*+1 Reach*: Can do extra cool thing.

*+1 Reach*: Can do differnet extra cool thing.

It comes out as the following:

1 Reach: Can do extra cool thing.

1 Reach: Can do differnet extra cool thing.

Is there something that I'm missing or should do to fix it? Spacing it doesn't fix the second entry, and looks weird spacing-wise as it become inconsistant with the rest of the entry. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Abersade
    Abersade

Yeah, that would be Textile causing that to happen. If you're Ascendant you can add the following code to your CSS section to correct that:

Turning off the textile option for the + sign to underline things

Want to make sure that you can use the + sign with impunity? Here you go.

/* + Sign Underline Functionality - Turns It Off */

ins { color:inherit; text-decoration:inherit;}

ins:before { content:'+';}

ins:after { content:'+';}

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

If you don't have an Ascendant account (or if you're lazy like me) you can also avoid this issue by just adding a space between the + and the number.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I tend to use @UselessTriviaMan's method, even although I have an Ascendant account.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member