Hey from Virginia

Myrkal
edited February 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• Myrkal
    I have been playing d and d sine i was fourteen, fourteen years ago. I have played in all sorts of campaigns, lower level mainly and as time went on i stuck with one type of character. I am interested in any games where thought rather than hack and slash is the basis of the game. Puzzles, riddles and subtlety are my strengths. Conflict is good too but a constant war gets boring really quick.
    I normally play in only one game at a time, normally with a different evolution of Myrkal. I am looking for a balanced alignment campaign to play in. Neutral rather than good or evil. Either end of the spectrum is extreme and i play a conservative character more interested in learning and studying the things around him to draw attention by having murderers or paladins around. ( They kind of tend to make things much more difficult, interesting yes, but they hurt the ability of a true neutral character to adapt tot he situations around them by their extremist activities)
    Well i am interested in playing a human ranger similar to Richard Rahl out of the Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series of novels. Myrkal is Khemetic for Seeker, and thats what i want to play. My goals are something along the lines of loremaster or Artifacer eventually. Well if you have any ideas write me.
    Nick
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I'd disagree about the whole murderers/paladins making it difficult for a neutral character to adapt. I'd say that's the best way to learn *how* to adapt - put yourself in a situation where you've got no choice!

But enough of that...Khemetic? Is that...dude! Ancient Egyptian sort of stuff? LOOOOVE! I'm not as much into mythology as I was a couple decades ago, but the Greek and Egyptian pantheons both really captured my imagination.