Inviting new players

Raif11152
Raif11152

I just signed up and i've sent out a batch of invites to new players and the email invites aren't getting received. I had my wife sign up for an account and she isn't receiving an invite by username.

What gives? It doesn't look like this should be rocket science. 8)

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Tested out invites my username and they are working fine.

emails can sometimes take a bot of time. But my test invites i sent out got received in a couple minutes.  Your players may wish to check their junk mail box.

you should see a list of open invites under settings, you can try resending the invites.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• TK421xx
    TK421xx

I'm having the same issue. Did it take forever for the emails to go through? My players are making accounts and cannot search our campaign.

• jaypfirman
    jaypfirman

Same issue here , its been 11hrs and still no invite received? 

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the missing emails will be coming over the next ~48 hours (or less depending on where they are in the queue). There was an outage inside the email system, and this was causing emails not to be sent. The issue has been resolved, and the backlog of waiting emails is being processed by the system now.

Apologies all around for the inconvenience.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

Just yesterday I invited two new players to one of my games and when they clicked the link in their emails, they were sent to the following URL. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen recently.

Putting in a support ticket for this as well.

In case the URL is illegible, https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign_invites/4dcea1dee34ce0e16e386828/accept

Edit -
    While submitting the support ticket, I noticed that it appears they were added to the campaign, even though they got that error.
    Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hmm, interesting. I tested this out and it worked for me normally. So presumably whatever caused this is an intermittent issue.

All the best,
    - Kallak