Whatcha watching?

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan
edited September 2019 in General Discussion

• We went opening night to see It: Chapter Two and I was very happy with it. Bill Hader as adult Richie Tozier was spectacular, and the guy who played adult Eddie Kaspbrak was uncannily just like the kid Eddie. Almost eerily similar, but it was great. Bill Skarsgaard was skeery as hell.

• I binge-watched The Boys on Amazon Prime, and holy CRAP that was good. Very, VERY un-kid-friendly though. Violence, sex, and bad language everywhere, but oh so good.

• I'm a few episodes into Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and I'm enjoying it, but it's moving slow (kinda like the movie did). I've heard it picks up about halfway through, so I'll keep at it.

• I also watched the first episode of Carnival Row, and that looks like it could be really, REALLY good. I very much enjoyed what I've seen so far. 

• And at the moment I'm watching my Chicago Bears face off against the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football. Our defense came to play!

Post edited by UselessTriviaMan on

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• illuminerdy
    illuminerdy

I'm not much of a TV watcher, but after looking up some horror recommendations I found this show on Netflix called Marianne. It's French with some absolutely garbage English dub, but if you can get passed that it's really creepy. I'm 3 episodes in and plan on watching more tonight after work.

Post edited by illuminerdy on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Dark Crystal, the Boys, and Carnival Row were all excellent!  I actually used the mystics in Dark Crystal as the model for my character's slow speech.

Your Bears will be going down to my Packers again in December....

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Lately, I've been watching House, M.D. after having decided to go ahead and finish off the rest of the series. Back when, I had seen like the first 3 seasons or so. That said, I'm trying to take my time with it, because the current state of Hollywood and the entertainment industry means that they aren't making anything I particularly care for in more recent years - so it might be hard to find something new I'd be interested in watching.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

Been streaming a lot of Netflix lately when I'm watching anything at all!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

So I know this is bumping an old thread- but is anyone else now watching Castle Rock season 2? I've been super excited, and so far it hasn't disappointed. I'm a big King fan, and have always gone back to him for inspiration for some of my darker game material.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I've heard really good things about Castle Rock, though I haven't tried it out yet.

The new animated Addams Family movie was pretty good. Not world-shaking, but not bad either. It gave good nods to the original TV show, while introducing new facets of the whole family.

The last few weeks of football-watching have been pretty damn painful, as a Bears fan. The only small consolation I have is that I'm doing pretty well in my fantasy football league...

I finished watching Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. If you're a fan of the original, you're probably gonna love this. If you're not, you may find it tedious. My wife and son couldn't make it through, but I liked it.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Adam's family looks pretty fun- I defenitly want to watch it with the kiddos. Then the originals when they're a little older.

I noticed you changed your profile icon..... Daaaaa Bears!.....could be doing better ;-)

I keep thinking I want to watch Dark Crystal, but then I'm  scared of puppets. Silly I know- bit everyone has their thing lol. The original is great and all, but I can hardly sit through it without squirming and getting chills.