Internal Server Error (500) when saving character sheets in D&D 5e Campaign

djderelict
djderelict

Hello.  I submitted a ticket regarding this issue but I wanted to see if anyone else was suffering this same issue or it was just me and if there was something I'm missing.

I created a campaign and set it to D&D 5e,  Obsidian provided two DST's we could use for this edition.  I used the character sheets provided earlier today to create a few characters with no issue.  When I try to save a character now, using either D&D 5e Character Sheet or Basic D&D 5e, I run into this error.  Other members in my campaign run into the same error as well.

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV

I'm having the same issue with viewing any character that uses a DST, so it seems to be site wide.

• The_Social_Moth
    The_Social_Moth

I sincerely hope this is solved soon, I can't view any of my characters that I need to work on!

I have a game tonight, and I can't access my character sheet!!

EDIT: I have accessed 5e and Pathfinder sheets from multiple computers (mobile, desktop PC Windows 7, MacBook Pro OSX 10.8, and a desktop-style Mac at work), all of which are accessing different networks and using different modems and all of which are otherwise internet-okay... but none of which can display character sheets with DSTs. I can only view or edit character sheets with just text. I used google Chrome on all versions, but my roommate confirms 4 separate browsers all having the same issue.

A little transparency would be super nice right about now. I don't know about others, but I have many characters here which I have put a lot of work into. I don't relish the thought of losing them.
    Post edited by The_Social_Moth on
  • MikeMacMartin
    MikeMacMartin

This is the case for an Exalted character of mine as well, so it's not game system or campaign limited.

• EmeraldKnightR
    EmeraldKnightR

My group and I are having the same issue. Not only can they not update their character sheets for my campaign but we can't input our characters for the new campaign my brother is starting. I really hope that this gets resolved soon.

• barrelv
    barrelv

I entered a support request with OP a few days ago for this issue. So far, I haven't heard anything back. I'll post here if I hear anything useful.

• dennisreinke
    dennisreinke

Hi. My players and I have the same issue - And we donn't use any DST for our character sheets! so it seems to be a more basic issue. Haven't found anything official announcement yet neither here, nor in fb - any ETA for the fix or even a confirmation that they work on it would be helpful.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Our non DST character sheets are fine, haven't had any issues with those. Our one DST character sheet is getting the 500 error.

BTW Dennis, I can see your character sheets in both your Derre und Darre campaign and your At The Edge of the World Campaign, so it looks like whatever issue you were having seems to temporary one. Nicely made character sheets btw.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• barrelv
    barrelv

Just got a response from tech support. They said they've deployed an update. I confirmed DST sheets are working now for my campaigns.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Thanks for the update barrelv.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Barrelv,  thanks for updating, at least now people can see if it is fixed.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• djderelict
    djderelict

The issue has come back, at least for myself.  Same error, same circumstances with DST characters.  Other characters open up fine.

• djderelict
    djderelict

Seems it was a quick fix and is back up again.

• The_Social_Moth
    The_Social_Moth

I'm having 500 errors non-stop again. This time it's on a Pathfinder 2e character, and has remained a problem for the last 6 hours. /throws hands up

• Vanillabean
    Vanillabean

Hey @The_Social_moth, I'm so sorry for all the frustration. We're looking into this now, it seems there was an update that might have accidently broken something. I'll update here when we've been able to get everything fixed.

Would you be able to let me know which campaign you were running into this on?
    Post edited by Vanillabean on

Obsidian Portal Dungeon Manager || [email protected] 

• thaen
    thaen

@The_Social_Moth, thanks for reporting this.  We're not getting reports of 500 errors in other parts of the site, so I think this is specific to the Character where you're seeing it, and a specific bug with that Character that will require specific attention to fix ... so it won't resolve on it's own, like when OP is being attacked/spammed/scanned.

So, I can take a look and get it fixed, which Character is it?

Obsidian Portal Developer