Duplicate a campaign

Onirim
Onirim

Hello there!

I often need to duplicate a campaign for some reasons like:

• Splitting a gaming group on 2 separate campaigns without having to re-create a new campaign again

• Using a campaign website as a template because I want use it for two or more gaming groups

Do you think it may be possible to add this feature? A simple button for duplicate all the campaign :)

Thanks!

French gamemaster from outer space

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @Onirim, thanks for the request!

Do you have a Campaign that you want copied right now?

We have an internal tool that we've been working on. It's not even "alpha" at this point as it doesn't copy everything, but it might get you part of the way there. And worst case, if it doesn't turn out like you want, you can just delete the copy.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Onirim
    Onirim

Hello @thjaen

Yeah, I need to do this for example with this campaign : https://cyberpunknightcityblues.obsidianportal.com/ (duplicate them with another name like for example "Cyberpunk - Neon Red")

Thanks!

• thaen
    thaen

@Onirim, after taking a look at your (beautiful!) Campaign, I don't think this tool is going to live up to what you're hoping for here, but I went ahead and did the duplicate.

The tool doesn't duplicate the Media Library at all, so all of the images are going to be broken/missing.

Again, if it's more headache than help to fix up the duplicate, just go ahead and delete it.

• Onirim
    Onirim

Thanks! It's just the media library and pictures to add again, so it's not a big deal and It's will be useful I think. Pictures are not the more important things to store in a campaign anyway :)

• thaen
    thaen

Oh, excellent! I'm glad it looks like it might be more helpful than I was thinking!

Post edited by thaen on

• Hojou
    Hojou

Any progress on this feature?

• thaen
    thaen

@Hojou, the feature is in pretty much the same spot. There's a technical hurdle that we haven't solved yet with duplicating the Media Library files and updating the references to point to the duplicates.

Do you have a Campaign you want duplicated? Like we did for Onirim, we can duplicate it for you and then you can just delete it if it's not useful.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hey @thaen, this feature doesn't really interest me, but I just wanted to commend the wonderful OP service!

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

@twiggyleaf, thanks for the commendation! 

smiley

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member